Organization: Faces without Places provides educational and enrichment programming, school supplies and transportation, and other specialized services to thousands of children experiencing homelessness each year in Greater Cincinnati and Northern Kentucky.
Title: Program Director
Description: The Program Director’s primary role is to oversee all aspects of existing academic and enrichment programs while developing new partnerships and programming with community organizations and school districts serving children experiencing homelessness.
Scope of Duties:
- Program Coordination
- Oversee all programs to ensure they are meeting stated objectives, following applicable policies, and effectively furthering the organization’s mission
- Work with Executive Director and other staff on evaluating, improving, and expanding programming
- Maintain a working knowledge of significant developments and trends in the field
- Manage volunteers when necessary
- Manage a summer staff of 11 to 13 people in the summertime at Camp
Promote, develop, and manage partnerships between Faces without Places and partnering districts as outlined in the terms and conditions of the UpSpring Memorandum of Understanding
Compile, monitor and assess cumulative data as it pertains to partnering programs and services rendered. Work collaboratively with city, state and national homeless liaisons to ensure continuity and best practices for all children experiencing homelessness.
Work collaboratively with Faces without Places Board of Trustees and office personnel to advance the foundation’s mission and vision, Develop program proposals, budgets and assessments for the purpose of meeting Faces without Places’ goals and expanding educational services. Responsible for the management and evaluation of Program staff.
- A Bachelor's degree in education, nonprofit management, business, or other relevant field
- Three years of experience implementing educational programming with children
- A Masters or other post-graduate degree in education, nonprofit management, business or other relevant field
- Five years of nonprofit or other relevant experience, particularly in a management or leadership role
- Experience in the fields of education, children’s issues, and/or homelessness/poverty
Qualities, Skills and Competencies
Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Strong interpersonal skills
Superior organizational and planning skills, including the ability to multi-task and complete a varied set of tasks in a timely manner
Self-motivated and able to work independently
Demonstrates passion for organization’s mission,
Enthusiastic and professional
Comfortable working in a small team atmosphere
Experience with creating and monitoring budgets
Strong computer skills, including proficiency with Word, Excel, and other computer programs related to duties, as well as social media proficiency
Please send the following materials to Mike Moroski, Executive Director (firstname.lastname@example.org) by August 3rd, 2015 at 5 pm: resume, cover letter (including relevant experience and salary requirements), and writing sample.